AN INCOMPLETE AND WHOLLY UNHELPFUL SKETCH OF ME
People tell me I've lived a lot of lives. The one constant between them is hot sauce. And getting in trouble. And my parents' hesitant support for the absurd twists it has taken.
I've been a creative director, film director, horse wrangler, biotech equities analyst, documentarian, entrepreneur amongst other things I probably don't recall at the moment. I've been pretty good, occasionally really good, and quite often a spectacular failure.
Now, I mostly write - scripts, commercials, sitcom development, and currently working on a novel. I develop show ideas, and recently sold one to Disney. I'm in the DGA so I could direct some film for you, if you'd like. I also have my CFA, so I could probably help with your portfolio allocation if you aren't satisfied with your current mutual funds. Or whatever. I also didn't proofread this section. That's not an accolade; just a disclaimer.
Right now, you're tired of reading this and I'm tired of trying to cleverly sum of 20 years of creative adventures, so blah blah blah, something about living with eagle hunters in Mongolia, crazy days in Shanghai and riding out the O.G. Dotcom Bomb. Feel free to ask me about any of my stories. And let's talk about creating some new ones together.
Living in Bozeman, MT. Available occasionally for projects.
jake wheeler creative
RESUME IN BRIEF
EARTHONAUTS - FOUNDER, EARTHONAUT 01
* Rennervations for Disney+. Developed unscripted TV series with Jeremy Renner
* The Gullfather: Birdsy Seagull. Co-authored and launched comedic graphic novel for middle grade readers; adapting for television series.
* Apex Republica. Developed creative IP, branding, narrative and avatar for new Web 3 society to foster global collaboration and launch new business models.
* Indigo Labs. Advisor to a conscious-tech startup incubator based in Paris and NYC.
* Volkswagen (with the Community), Launched the new VW Taos in US
* Stillhouse Spirits (with We Believers). Complete rebranding, visual identity, style, tone, and relaunch campaign.
THE COMMUNITY - EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR AT LARGE / FREELANCE
* Verizon, Alfa Romeo, Corona, Verizon, Maserati, Sauza901
GREY NY - EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR
SAPIENTNITRO - CREATIVE DIRECTOR / Miami & Shanghai
* Fiat, Bacardi China, Tag Heuer China, Ferrari, Dodge
* Digital creative lead for Fiat Chrysler digital ecosystem - websites, online shopping, digital advertising, digital dealership explorations, film and content creation.
SOUTHPAW NYC - FOUNDER / PARTNER
Founded branded content boutique repped by CAA for content creation, television, original web series.
* Comedy Central's Good God. Created, wrote, directed critically acclaimed original series for Comedy Central (Entertainment Weekly A-).
* Sports Illustrated The Ride. Created, wrote, directed 13-episode weekly scripted comedy series sponsored by Honda.
* SI Swimsuit - Swimsuit content and cover launch.
* A Fall in Dreamland - feature documentary shot over 4 months in Alabama
*JibJab Media - animated greeting card series
CLIFF FREEMAN & PARTNERS - ACD
* Shoney's, The Sports Authority
STATION FILM - DIRECTOR
* ESPN, NHL, Dunkin' Donuts
BASECAMP ENTERTAINMENT - DIRECTOR
* Wendy’s, CBS College Sports, JC Penny
Cannes Lions, Webbys, iabmixx, Addys,
lots of other ones, like my eagle scout award, perhaps a spelling bee title which escapes my memory. Oh, and Don King said I was a good writer on my first shoot, so I treasure that as if it were made of diamonds.
Equity Research, Morgan Stanley, Biotechnology. Global therapeutics market modeling.
EDS AND CREDS
Boston College, Political Science / Economics
Directors Guild of America, Director